opening the Archive of Shared Interests take time to arrange, classify
Look at the books, urls and videos and establish thematic strands.
1. Gather a few friends with a degree of political savvy, critical
questioning, utopian drive and DIY spirit.
2. Pool together a little money and a bit of know-how. De Geuzen
has observed that these are mutually dependant factors. When there
is only a little of the former then more of the latter is required.
3. Lay claim to a space. It can be small or large depending
on your circumstances. Size doesn't matter.
4. Add chairs, a table or two plus a few bookshelves. If you
can't afford anything fancy then these can borrowed or made from quite
basic materials ie. wood on saw horses, flipped over boxes etc.
5. Borrow a TV , VCR and a computer. Make sure you are able
to go online as websites are crucial component of the collection.
6. Bring together all of your favourite books, videos and urls.